Some of the most common (and important) types of documents we can Apostille are related to businesses both international business or national companies. In these areas, it is very important that a signature on certain corporate documents have an Apostille. These documents include:
- Articles of Incorporation, Certificate of Incorporation
- Merger Agreements
- Authorization letter for Bank, Finance, Office, and related company matters
- Certificates of Amendment
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Power of Attorney
- Certificate of Incumbency
- Corporate Resolution
- Certification of Free Sale
- Certificate of Origin
- Certificate of Analysis
- Corporate Forms
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Stock Purchase Agreement in Foreign Companies
- Business Letter of Invitation
Each kind of document listed here is essential in some way to the operation, and in some cases the very existence, of certain corporations. As a reminder, it is important that the country requesting your corporate document be a member of the Hague Apostille Convention. If it is not, your documents may require further authentication through the U.S. Department of State. Here is typically what’s included in an Apostille:
Country … [country name] This public document
has been signed by … [name]
acting in the capacity of … [function]
bears the seal/stamp of … [authority] certified
at … [location]
the … [date]
by … [name]
No … [Apostille registration number]
Seal/stamp … [of the authority giving the Apostille]
Signature … [signature of authority giving the Apostille]
If you need an Apostille for corporate documents the first step is to have the signer’s signature notarized by a local notary. It is recommended that the notary place his or her seal next to the signature of the signer in order for all to be clear and legal.
As you can see, corporate documents are some of the most important kinds of documents that could require an Apostille. It is necessary that the company you deal with knows the process and requirements that certifies the signature (s) on your document. Our Austin Apostille is skilled in doing just that. We handle various kinds of documents in various situations and our Texas Apostille can make sure that all goes smoothly. After all, if you engage untrained employees or non-professionals who do not fully understand the Apostille process and the unique requirements of certain countries, your paperwork could be rejected. This could cost your corporation time and money. Often, transactions centered on business related documents can be time sensitive. For this reason, we also offer courier services for our clients.
Often you will notice that on this blog we often refer to the Apostille Convention of 1961 also known as the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Well, we thought it might be useful for people who do not have extensive experience with the services of an Apostille to know exactly what it is we are referring to when we bring up that convention. Here is what the 1961 Conference was, what it does and a list of some of its signatories.
On October 5, 1961 an international treaty was drafted by the Hague Conference on Private International Law. It sought to give certain public documents legal effect in other countries (those that are members of the treaty,). It helped to streamline how certain documents are to be legalized. The old method involved at least a dozen steps or so be taken in order to accomplish the same goal. To be clear here: an Apostille merely authenticates the signature of the person signing the document it does not attest to the veracity of the information contained therein.
Categories of Eligible Documents
- Court documents
- Administrative documents (e.g. civil status documents)
- Notarial acts
- Official certificates which are placed on documents signed by persons in their private capacity
States that are Party to the 1961 Convention
As we suggested earlier, not all countries are signatories to the 1961 Convention. Here is a brief list of those who are:
- The Bahamas
- El Salvador and some 110 other countries around the world.
An example of when an Apostille may be needed is the following: A defense counsel in Texas needs a plaintiff’s medical records from Chile. Unfortunately the standard Texas notary’s signature may carry no weight in Chile. Thus, since Chile is a signatory to the 1961 Convention, all would be in order for a Texas Apostille to certify the veracity of the signature contained on the document.
Our Texas Apostille is ready to certify any eligible document you need and do so rapidly. We know all that is required to by our Austin Apostille to make sure that your birth/death certificates, contracts, wills, conveyances, etc are prepared in a way that is acceptable by countries that are signatories of the 1961 Conference.
Lately, there has been a huge call out for Teaching English as Foreign Language (TEFL) professionals from companies all over the Internet. People in many countries see value in having their citizens be able to converse with English speaking people in their own tongue. This increases opportunities for people in foreign cultures who wish to interact with English speaking people in business, educational and even socially related activities. However, where many potential TEFL teachers become stalled is in their lack of knowledge about Apostille certification for TEFL. For example, many do not know that since July 1st 2017 all teachers need to get have certain documents related to their qualification to teach authenticated at a Chinese embassy or consulate in order to teach in China which probably has the largest demand for TEFL professionals.
The two designations for overseas teaching certificates:
- TEFL – Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- TESOL – Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
The goal of countries in requiring an Apostille for your TEFL is to ensure that you have completed a training course to teach English to people whose native language is not English. You can have either the original document certified or request that a copy be made. Our Austin Apostille can help you get your TEFL certificate – and a great many other documents – legalized. First, you will need to know where to legalize your document(s). Next you will need to get your document legalized by a notary public to certify that it is genuine. Also, we can explain to you how to avoid notary errors that may slow down the process. We even have Texas Apostille courier services available to our customers. If you are unsure whether or not your certificate can be legalized do not hesitate to send us a copy by email. We can check which organization issued the document – there are a great many out there – and if an Apostille is needed for your TELF or TESOL in the country where you are considering teaching.
In short, our Apostille services can help you to achieve a wide range of professional and personal goals. Our services are efficient, prompt and with our courier service, speedy. Other documents we provide services for include birth/death certificates, marriage licenses, divorce decrees, etc.
Choosing a courier/apostille service over a standard delivery service is a no-brainer if you are a businessperson who is concerned with your bottom-line and your customers’ satisfaction. (More often than not the two are intertwined.) Regular mail delivery is fine in a limited amount of circumstances and for residential consumers but for businesses they simple aren’t enough. Apostille services come in handy whether you are a business or not and usually have a long turn around time. Other companies simply cannot compare when it comes to speed, security, affordability, promptness, and ease of use. With that said, here are the top 5 reasons why we at Pro Courier Service feel you should consider using a professional courier/apostille service to handle your business’ logistical needs.
- Eliminates the need for additional vehicles, fuel or repair work: Using a fleet to send and receive packages requires a huge expenditure of fuel to run delivery vehicles. Moreover, it cost even more keeping a fleet of vehicles properly maintained and serviced. When you use a courier service you eliminate the need for a huge fleet and all the additional costs that are associated with it.
- Speed: Sending or receiving your documents on time could mean the difference between gaining or losing business. Couriers can delivery your package faster than standard mail carriers because their priority is your package and because they do not have to make detours in order to service other customers. With traditional postal services, you have to contend with the fact that your delivery is not a priority above others.
- Affordability: Because couriers have lower operational costs than that of running a fleet or of using larger mail or delivery service, we are often very competitive in our prices. Our Texas Apostille courier service is fast and can handle documents originating in a court, clerk of a court, public prosecutor or process server.
- A greater variety of services: The post office is only now trying to add a greater variety of services for its customers. As an Apostille in Texas we have long known that more is often needed by business in terms of delivering or receiving special documents and packages. This is why we have Texas Apostille courier whose services include handling birth/death certificates, marriage licenses, divorce decrees, school transcripts and diplomas/degrees.
- Greater security: Since couriers tend to service a small and familiar customer base, packages are less likely to get lost or be stolen between points A and B.
This is just a short list of the many reasons to use a courier service over traditional postal services. Our site contains many more reasons why it makes sense for you and your customers to use Austin Pro Courier.
Most of us don’t think much about our birth certificate. In fact, most of us think so little about this document that we tend to keep it quietly locked away in some scrapbook, drawer or other inconspicuous place. However, when we finally do require it, its need could be urgent. In fact, there are many reasons a person might require his/her birth certificate at any time. Here are 7 things for which you may need a birth certificate.
- To obtain a driver’s license: Nearly all states require that applicants present a birth certificate before being issued a driver’s license. Indeed some states require that you bring your birth certificate with you when you renew your license.
- Travel: You will need a birth certificate as part of the requirements of obtaining a passport. Additionally, you may also need a Texas birth certificate Apostille in the event that you are going to present your birth certificate overseas. Our Austin Apostille provides countries with a means of verifying documents issued by a local authority in another country.
- To open a bank account: Most banks require two forms of identification one that authenticates your identification and another that establishes your residency. A birth certificate is always accepted as proof of your identity. For additional pieces of ID, you may be required to show a driver’s permit or a bill or piece of mail addressed to you.
- To replace a social security card: In the event you either lose your social security card or it is stolen, the Social Security Office will need to verify your identify before issuing you a new card. Your birth certificate and one other form of ID are usually sufficient proof.
- To register for school: Most states require that you present a copy of your birth certificate when registering in order to prove you are who you say you are and to ensure that you are in the right class for your age. (This is especially true of elementary school.)
- Before starting a job: Many employers demand that you present them with a birth certificate for their personnel records.
- To receive insurance benefits: Some insurers require proof that the dependents you list on your policy are related to you. Usually, a government issued birth certificate is sufficient proof that a child that you are claiming as a dependent, for example, is yours.
For all those reasons and more, your birth certificate is probably the most important document you will posses in your lifetime. In the event that you need it quickly, we specialize in expedited, same-day, and after-hours services.
Translation by its very nature is difficult and the difference between languages can be enormous. However, since we are living in a global economy it is sometimes necessary for businesses to rely on translation services. They can expand a company’s clientele greatly and improve customer relations. Here are other benefits of using translation services which Pro Courier Service also provides for its clients.
- Translation services help facilitate better communications: Translators help to make sure that the communications you need to transmit are clear. Proper interpretation is essential in helping to make sure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to international clients.
- Translation services expend your international reach: Translation services give your company the ability to reach more clients in more countries. Language barriers can be avoided since all the data you need to transmit is available for your client’s review.
- Translation services help improve customer relations: Let’s face it – international clients prefer receiving data in their own tongue so that they have greater clarity in regards to what you need to communicate.
- Translation services help you avoid cultural hindrances: It’s not just about communicating to a clientele in his/her language. It is also about the quality of the translation. For example, there are differences in word choice as well as sentence structure between different cultures. An experienced translator will be able to make sure that you not only get your main point across but that you do not offend.
- Translation services help with your bottom line: Because you are able to deal with a large variety of clients across many countries, you are able to expand your business into international markets. This means that there are no limits to your products/services. Because translation services remove such barriers, you can infiltrate markets that you would otherwise not be able to. This increases revenues for your company.
- Translation services give you the opportunity to work on transnational issues: Businesses are better able to collaborate on transnational issues when both or all sides are able to communicate with each other effectively. This is of particular importance in issues involving any kind of research.
So you see translation services can be a tremendous asset for companies that do business internationally. In fact, they are a necessity in these instances. This is why we provide rush translation services for our clients. We also provide an Apostille in Texas for special documents. Our Apostille Texas couriers are reliable and swift.
Today we take for granted how convenient and efficient courier services have become. However, convenience, speed and efficiency were not always features of courier services. We are referring to the very beginnings of this service which most people could scarcely imagine doing without today. In this post we would like to look back at the history of courier services in order to see how far we’ve come.
Courier services first began centuries ago with most messages being hand-delivered. As you can imagine, this was not a very efficient means of delivery. Not only was this message not efficient, it was sometimes a perilous experience for the messenger himself. For example, the Spartans murdered a Persian messenger in the run up to the Greco-Persian War. Centuries later other means would be used such as homing pigeons and even dogs to deliver messages. In the late 19th Century, the Pony Express was established to serve the territories between Missouri and California. The image of the rider on horseback vigilantly delivery messages under all kinds of conditions became world famous. Pony Express riders were known to traverse at least 2,000 miles in the delivery of messages by setting up a relay system. The most famous Pony Express rider was none other than Buffalo Bill. The Pony Express ended on October 26, 1861.
With the invention of the automobile, couriers were introduced to a faster, more efficient way to deliver messages. During World War I, Americans used hundreds of couriers to deliver messages and indeed penetrate enemy lines. In modern times, couriers have utilized trains, vehicles, airplanes and even bikes to deliver messages to ever increasingly compact urban environments. The public has long been accustomed to receiving all kinds of content they desire rapidly and accurately. The couriers of yesterday paved the way for today’s advancements. While most people would not want to revisit the technology of those times it is good to look back and marvel at how far we’ve come.
Today, our Texas Apostille and courier services leverages its experience with its hardworking team to delivery all kinds of content under all kinds of circumstances. For more than a quarter of a century we have provided Austin Apostille courier service to Austin and the surrounding areas. We handle Apostilles and authentications in Texas and Washington DC.